Sunday, August 26, 2007

graph4

My dear friends,

thank you ever so much for bearing with me. As I suspect is so often the case, it is the mathematician, and not the math, that has gone wrong. Thanks to all your feedback and encouragement, I think I can now call this case closed. For your visual satisfaction, I present below the final graphical solution to this little endeavour:



I don't know exactly where I went wrong with that last graph, but the solution as it stands now should graph as depicted above, and it looks like a set of solutions quite in agreement with what one would expect from the problem as I'd set it out.

Anyway, I really do appreciate not only the conversations we've had, but, more profoundly, that I have friends with whom I can have such conversations. Many thanks again for all your help.

Most fondly,
Paul

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For what its worth the graph below looks like y = 2x^3 + 1

Chook

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home